||I hope this message finds you and yours well and healthy.
This pandemic certainly has turned our world upside down. And in many ways, it’s made us recognize everything we are grateful for. For me, that’s my health, my family and my role as your real estate advisor.
I’ve received a lot of inquiries in recent days from friends, family and clients asking, “Is now still a good time to buy? To sell? What’s the state of the real estate market right now?”
My answer is that we all have to remember that life is still moving forward despite the pandemic, and you have to do what’s best for you.
For those who are serious about buying a home right now, there are still properties on the market eagerly awaiting their new owner. We were, after all, at the start of our traditionally robust spring market when COVID-19 appeared on the scene. Although you might need to view a home a bit untraditionally by means of a virtual tour, many are finding this method to be just as successful – and with added convenience. You might even find that there’s less competition in the market, giving you a better chance of securing your new home.
For home sellers, the story is the same. While our lives have been shaken up in many ways, one thing remains true: Home is our sanctuary. There are still plenty of interested buyers out there. People still need to move up, downsize or relocate. If you’re a smart seller, you may be able to take advantage in this market. If you’re interested in selling your home now, be sure to work with a real estate professional such as myself who truly understands what it takes to successfully market a home in these unique conditions – and is dedicated to delivering results.
At Coldwell Banker, I’m lucky to be backed by the nation’s strongest residential real estate company, benefiting you directly by giving you access to a plethora of unsurpassed marketing tools that are critical to success in today’s market:
- Professional photography services. I have access to the most talented local photographers, so we can get the most stunning photos of your home. Getting the right “picture perfect” shots of your home, as well as utilizing additional photography services like walk-through videos (a video tour of your home), virtual tours (photo/video slideshow of your home) and Matterport 3D tours (interactive, photo-based floor plan that allows a consumer to virtually tour your home) are more important today than ever before because they allow buyers to view and tour your home without actually being physically present. These are “marketing musts.”
- Social media and targeted online advertising. Marketing to buyers via social media and the online marketplace is still vital. Fortunately, I have the resources to make sure your home is targeted to the right audience on the most important channels, and that I receive the leads on inquiries so I can connect with every interested party. Many professionals say they can do this, but very few have the know-how and a solid plan in place to follow through – and no other company can beat Coldwell Banker’s online presence!
- Property website. Yes, your home deserves its own website! Creating an exclusive property site for your home is a standard part of my marketing plan and a great way to generate more interest among the online audience!
- Mailings. Although it might seem very traditional and a bit “old school,” sending high-quality mailers is still part of my marketing plan. Do you know why? They produce results and generate buzz for you! Part of a successful home marketing plan is having a well-rounded strategy – and direct mail still works!
- eFlyers. To help announce your house’s arrival on the market, I always send an impressive eFlyer to my personal clients, family and friends who are looking for a home just like yours. Real estate is very much a referral business, and leveraging my contacts is just another way to get us one step closer to finding your buyer!
- Digital announcement to the local real estate community. One of my favorite ways to market new properties is to include them in Coldwell Banker’s weekly update, which is distributed to the local real estate community. Since traditional broker tours for the real estate industry are not practical right now, this communication tool is even more valuable. It lets my colleagues know about your home’s availability so they can, in turn, let their home-buying clients know. It’s just another way that I put my vast and interconnected network to work for you. Let’s make a match!
- Television advertising*. Your home on TV? It can happen! Coldwell Banker has its own weekly television show, and I can include your home on it. With more people sheltering in place and tuning into television these days, now is an opportune time to take advantage of this! By the way, viewership for our TV show is up 50% right now, giving me the ability to showcase your home on a grand scale.
- Print and digital advertising*. Coldwell Banker works with the leading local print publications throughout the country to market new properties. I would make sure that your home is included in our next local publication so it reaches as many potential buyers as possible. As an added bonus, Coldwell Banker has worked with many of our advertising partners to secure digital and extended advertising runs during this time. That means more exposure for your beautiful home!
- Personal virtual showings. While traditional open houses and in-person tours are not recommended right now, thanks to technology we can turn to virtual showings instead! There are many ways to make this happen, and I’m excited to explore the opportunities with you.
We were in the midst of a busy spring market – which was really starting to heat up – when this pandemic swept our community and our world. With the right guidance, smart home buyers and sellers have an opportunity to make the most of today’s market.
Contact me today to learn more about how my experience, resources and powerful marketing plan can benefit you.
Email me: DougReynoldsRealEstate@gmail.com
Call me: 916.494.8441